Finding a storage facility that is right for you can be a daunting experience in its own right but more importantly is how to get the most out of your storage unit once you have made the lead to getting one. Here are our top tips for getting the most out of your storage unit:
Making sure you have chosen the right facility:
As mentioned, finding the storage facility that is right for you can be a challenge in such an over saturated market and there are numerous factors you may want to consider when making this decision such as price, location, and security. Each factor is vitally important to your overall customer experience but we suggest that you should prioritize them in this order:
- Security: The reason you are choosing to use a storage facility is to gain that peace of mind your belongings are being stored somewhere secure. That is why Cheap Storage Manchester has high-security gates, ram raid barriers, staff on site Monday-Friday 08:00-19:00, and a fully alarmed site with over 300 CCTV cameras in operation.
- Price: The use of a storage facility shouldn’t break the bank, yes you are paying for the convenience of storing belongings you do not wish to part with but it should never reach the point in which your storage becomes more expensive than the items you are storing. For that reason at Cheap Storage Manchester, we guarantee to be the cheapest storage facility in the Manchester area without compromising on quality. Some of our cost-saving offers include free van hire, free insurance, and free unlimited supply of packing boxes.
- Location: Location is of course still important, your storage facility should be easily and conveniently accessed for those times you may wish to gain access to your items. Location is the reason we decided to call Denton, Tameside our home, our site is close enough to Manchester city center to be convenient without you having to fork out for those city center storage prices.
Organize your items before, during and after storage:
It may be tempting to approach your storage unit with an ‘out of sight out of mind’ approach but having a little bit of organization when storing your items will save you a load of time in the long run, here are some tips on how you can best organize your items to save you time and effort in the future:
- Carefully pack your boxes: Don’t just throw your items into boxes, maximize your space per box by carefully placing items into your boxes in an organized and categorized manner.
- Keep similar items grouped together, if you are storing household goods for example then you will want to keep your kitchen storage separate from your garden storage and so on. Doing this will allow you to easily navigate your storage if you ever need to retrieve anything during your storage period.
- Put the heavy and large boxes at the back of the storage unit, doing this will allow you to get in and out when you need to without having to move heavy and cumbersome boxes out of the way first.
Create a storage plan:
Making the decision to use a storage facility is a great one, we agree, that is why we are in business. That being said it’s important to have a plan when you decide to store, you should carefully plan out what type of storage you need and the kind of items you plan to store. Let’s break down each point:
- There are many different kinds of storage and it is important to know what kind you need, for example, if you were looking to store valuable documents or archives then the type of storage you may need would differ from someone looking to store garden furniture. Similarly, there may be different requirements if you were looking to store business items or stock in comparison to home storage. Either way, you should talk to your choice of Storage Company about what options best suit your needs.
- Make sure you plan out how much you need to store in advance. Most storage companies will give you the prices based on an average box measurement or pallet space required. Make sure you know how many boxes or pallets you plan to store in advance and communicate this with your storage provider.
- Whether you plan to store for short or long periods of time it is always important to have a duration in mind when starting your storage. If you are storing in the short-term make sure you have a plan to retrieve your stored items in advance of your storage period ending. If you plan to store in the long term make sure you have looked at the costs of doing so and conveyed your intentions to your storage provider, creating such a plan helps you gain a better idea of the cost and logistics involved with your storage.
Cheap Storage Manchester
So there you have it, our list of the three most important things to bear in mind in order to get the most out of your time using a storage facility. Now that you have added these to your pre-storage checklist and have an idea of what to consider when storing, why not reach out to Cheap Storage Manchester to get started with your storage journey or to ask any further question you might have.