Take a look at our breakdown of the top things to do in Manchester…
Manchester as a city is often hailed as being the capital of the north and with that comes a certain level of prestige in terms of what it has to offer, funnily enough, there is more than just Storage in Manchester. Manchester has a rich and vibrant history of culture that has helped it stand out as one of the most sought after city experiences in the UK from music to history and art. At Cheap Storage Manchester, we call Manchester home and over our combined several lifetimes here we have accumulated a wealth of knowledge on what the city has to offer. As part of our continued efforts to add value to our customer’s experiences with Cheap Storage Manchester, we have put together this list of what we think are the top things to experience in Manchester as a city. Cheap Storage Manchester are the number one providers for cheap self storage in Manchester but as a city, there is so much more to offer, let’s have a look:
Manchester is an exciting hub of creativity when it comes to personal expression and expression through art. Manchester has such a huge and varying range of art displays that the offerings are likely to appeal to even the most hesitant of art-gallery-goers. This diversity, vibrancy, and creativity in artistic terms is nothing new to Manchester with artists such as L.S Lowry who depicts his time spent in Manchester and Salford through a range of distinctive and timeless paintings. So what are our top picks for must-see art exhibitions and galleries in Manchester?
- The Lowry- As we mentioned above L.S Lowry spent the majority of his time in Manchester and Salford and The Lowry gallery pays homage to his wonderful works. This captivating building along the docks of Salford Quays boasts the largest collection of his paintings anywhere in the world.
- Whitworth Art Gallery- The Whitworth Art Gallery recently underwent major refurbishments and now spills out into Whitworth park itself. The art gallery embodies and honours the history and culture in which It is situated.
- Manchester Art Gallery- Situated in the heart of Manchester city centre the Manchester Art Gallery boasts the title of being Manchester’s main art gallery and always has exciting and innovative exhibitions on display to captivate passerby’s or art enthusiasts alike.
Manchester’s scientific background and achievements go hand in hand with the pride of the city and its accomplishments. Groundbreaking accomplishments in the fields of science and physics were established in Manchester such as the discovery of the electron, proton and neutron all of which were discovered by scientists educated or born in Manchester. In terms of continual scientific development and historical explorations Manchester has heaps to offer including:
- Manchester Universities- In terms of advancements and continually pushing the limits of human knowledge and understanding Manchester boasts an incredible offer of higher education offerings. Manchester is home to the world-renowned University of Manchester as well as Manchester Metropolitan University and Salford University. Students come from all over the world to study in Manchester.
- Museum of Science and Industry- Manchester’s museum of science and industry frequently change their exciting line up ensuring that there will always be fun and existing science-based activities that are fun for all the family. As well as this the museum has its regular exhibitions that show the exciting scientific accomplishments of Manchester throughout the ages.
- The Manchester Science Festival – If visitors to Manchester time it right then they may be able to experience the annual Manchester Science Festival which is hosted by the Museum of Science and Industry. The festival incorporates over 100 individual events across the Greater Manchester area and is guaranteed to have something to fascinate, inspire and educate the whole family.
Some would argue that Manchester is best known for its music above all else and those people would certainly be justified in thinking that way. Manchester has an incredible roster of musical achievements and accomplishments boasting iconic names such as Oasis, The Stone Roses, Joy Division and many more. With this rich musical history, both past and present Manchester has evolved into the perfect place for music lovers with a range of different venues to accommodate both big and small artists.
- The Manchester Arena- The Manchester Arena is one of the biggest venues in Manchester and is situated in the heart of the city centre. This venue sees some of the biggest artists from around the world performing here.
- The Manchester Academy- The Manchester Academy is situated in the University of Manchester Student Union and offers various sized venues for artists of all sizes to perform in. This venue offers an excellent mix of large international artists to small local bands and everything in-between
- The Deaf Institute- As its name would suggest the Deaf Institute is housed within a converted 19th-century school for deaf children. This venue is situated on the doorstep of Manchester Metropolitan University and provides a massive range of entertainment from small gigs, DJs and comedy nights.
As we mentioned above Manchester is home to three major universities and with that comes a host of young energetic students. There is no better place for exciting and unique nightlife than Manchester. Those looking for a good night out will find a massive range of opportunities in Manchester with something to meet all music and cultural tastes.
- Northern Quarter- Manchester’s Northern Quarter is the booming heart of culture, style, and creativity in the city centre. The Northern Quarter is home to venues such as NQ64, a retro arcade bar with retro gaming cocktails to match the theme. Brush up on your Street Fighter and Pac Man skills with this unique venue.
- Deansgate Locks- Situated along the famous Manchester canals this waterside location is home to some of Manchester most sought after bars. Deansgate locks is perfect for those looking to dance the night away in venues such as Revolution, Atlas Bar, and Lock91.
- The Gay Village- Situated on Manchester’s equally famous Canal Street, Manchester’s Gay Village offers an incredibly diverse offering of music, clubs, and bars. The Gay Village offers a completely unique atmosphere with something to appeal to everyone.
So it wouldn’t be a list of our favourite things in Manchester if we didn’t at least mention ourselves on the list, would it? We think that our offerings of cheap self storage in Manchester, although not as glamorous as the other points on this list offer something incredibly valuable to our customers. By providing our customers cheap and affordable storage in things such as home storage, student storage and business storage they are then freed up to fully enjoy everything that the city has to offer. In addition to this city living and city life is not cheap, we can help our customers save massive amounts of money to spend on the things they enjoy in life. So what are our top reasons why Cheap Storage Manchester should make this list?
- Free Collection and Removals – We will collect your belongings completely free of charge and do all the heavy lifting for you.
- Free Van Rental– If you want to move in at your own pace we offer all of our customers a free van rental – simply arrange a time that works for you and move in using one of our removal vans.
- Free Insurance – At Cheap Storage Manchester we offer all of our customer’s free storage insurance. Many competitors will charge for this and often the cost of insurance can double your storage costs.
We hope that you have found this breakdown of our favourite things about Manchester useful and hope we focused on more than just Storage in Manchester. At Cheap Storage Manchester, we strive to provide the very best value to our customers possible and often this extends beyond simply providing the cheapest and most reliable self storage in Manchester. To find out what Cheap Storage Manchester can do for you and how you can start storing for less, get in touch with a member of our team today.